- 10 ounces of fresh spring greens
- 4 quail eggs
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
Prepare quail eggs by either frying in a small amount of butter or hard boiled.
Vinaigrette: Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, and mustard until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
On individual plates, divide greens, drizzle with dressing cut the quail eggs in halves and and top each plate with them.